Back to Top
Facebook Twitter RSS
Welcome to the Child Nutrition Program
Main Page Image

 The Child Nutrition Program (CNP) provides school foodservice for Lawrence County students and staff under the guidelines and regulations of the United States Department of Agriculture.  All schools have a commercial kitchen on site that provides nutritious meals every school day for our students, staff, and visitors.

Online Free and Reduced Lunch Form:


Each school cafeteria has a manager and assistant manager.  Both are ServSafe certified.


All student meals are subsidized by the Federal Government to insure that all students receive adequate nutrition.  Prices for breakfast, lunch, and a la carte items are available on this website.

Students may qualify for free or reduced meals at any time during the school year.  The household qualifies based on the income and size of the household.  Forms may be picked up at any cafeteria during school hours or down loaded from this website.

The Child Nutrition Program is funded by the Federal Government and through daily food sales.

Substitute CNP Workers

Substitute workers are always needed in the cafeterias.  An application must be completed and turned in to the Board of Education.  Arrangements must be made for fingerprinting and a background check at the expense of the applicant.  Call the Central Office at 256-905-2400 to make an appointment for fingerprinting. 

Substitute pay is $55.00 per day. 


"The U.S. Department of Agricultrue (USDA) prohibits discrimination against its customers, employees, and applicants for employment on the bases of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, gender identity, religion, reprisal, and where applicable, political beliefs, marital status, familial or parental status, sexual orientation, or if all or part of an individual's income is derived from any public assistance program, or protected genetic informtion in employment or in any program or activity conducted or funded by the Department.   (Not all prohibited bases will apply to all programs and/or employment activities.)

If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form found on line at http://www.ascr, filing cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form.  You may also write a letter containing all the information requested in the form.  Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW., Washington, D.C.  20250-9410, by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at

Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339; or (800) 845-6136 (in Spanish).

USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer."