The Lawrence County Center of Technology Mission Statement has three parts:
- To maintain an educational environment which provides the opportunity for skills training and prepares the students of Lawrence County to compete in a highly technological and global economy.
- To promote the development of critical thinking skills and moral values which will assist the students in solving both technical and life problems.
- To encourage each student to reach his/her greatest potential and to become a contributing and productive member of society.
Lawrence County Center of Technology is the career tech center for all high schools in Lawrence County. We serve four feeder schools in our area. LCCT works closely with East Lawrence High School, Hatton High School, Lawrence County High School, and R.A. Hubbard School to provide the students with a quality education. Our programs are available to all high school students in the county, but mainly we serve grades 10-12. Students attend LCCT to prepare them for the workforce and/or college.
LCCT offers eight programs:
- Auto Technology
- Industrial Maintenance
- Commerce & Information Technology
- Drafting or Design Engineering Technology
- Electronics Technology
- Health Care Science
- Welding Technology
All of our programs are Business Industry Certified and that certification is reviewed every five years. Students leave the programs to continue their education in college, to join the military, or to enter straight into the workforce. Many opportunities are available upon completion of a program. For instance, with three years of Cosmetology earning six credits, students can take their State Board Licensure Exam and become a licensed cosmetologist. After completing the Welding Program, they can certify to become a welder and go to work at many sites.