The Child Nutrition Program (CNP) provides school foodservice for Lawrence County students and staff under the guidelines and regulations of the United States Department of Agriculture.  All schools have a commercial kitchen on site that provides nutritious meals every school day for our students, staff, and visitors.


    Each school cafeteria has a manager and assistant manager.  Both are ServSafe certified.


    All student meals are subsidized by the Federal Government to insure that all students receive adequate nutrition.  Prices for breakfast, lunch, and a la carte items are available on this website.

    Students may qualify for free or reduced meals at any time during the school year.  The household qualifies based on the income and size of the household.  Forms may be picked up at any cafeteria during school hours or down loaded from this website.

    The Child Nutrition Program is funded by the Federal Government and through daily food sales.

    Substitute CNP Workers

    Substitute workers are always needed in the cafeterias.  An application must be completed and turned in to the Board of Education.  Arrangements must be made for fingerprinting and a background check at the expense of the applicant.  Call the Central Office at 256-905-2400 to locate a fingerprinting site.

    Substitute pay is $65.00 per day. 

    In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

    Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

    To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:https://www.usda.gov/sites/default/files/documents/USDA-OASCR%20P-Complaint-Form-0508-0002-508-11-28-17Fax2Mail.pdf, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

    mail:          U.S. Department of Agriculture

    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW

    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

    fax:         (202) 690-7442; or

    email:        program.intake@usda.gov.

    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.