Moulton Middle School
660 College Street
Moulton, AL 35650
Moulton Middle School is located at the intersection of Main and College Streets directly across from Moulton Elementary School and two blocks east of Lawrence County High School.
Thirty-three teachers and 12 support workers provide educational opportunities for more than 570 enrolled students in the 5th through 8th grades. Moulton Elementary School promotes students to Moulton Middle School, from their students in the 9th grade attend Lawrence County High School.
The Moulton Middle School site was first used for education in 1909. The original building burned in 1924. It was rebuilt shortly afterward. Additions were made in 1947, 1954, 1986, and 2002. The school auditorium was built in 1936 as a gymnasium. The campus was used as a high school until 1961. The older buildings were demolished, and MMS moved into the present building on September 29, 2009. Since that time, a new gym and cafeteria have been added to the campus.